Kitamura Computers (UK) Support

Welcome to the support forum for customers of Kitamura Computers UK!
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:20 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:54 pm 
Kitamura Forum Team
Kitamura Forum Team

BREAKING NEWS . . .

Reports are now coming in that over 1 billion Firefoxes have been let loose on the internet since 9th November 2004.
All of Redmond's finest Fox Catchers have failed miserably to catch or eliminate any of the Firefoxes currently at large.
The deadly Trident Monster of Redmond, which was once the dominant force on the worldwide interweb, is gradually
being brought to it's knees by the ongoing onslaught from more than 1000 million of Firefoxes currently running wild.

Seriously though, as I type this the official Firefox downloads counter over at SpreadFirefox.com now shows a tally
of 1 billion+ downloads since the Mozilla Foundation first went gold with Mozilla Firefox 1.0 almost 57 months ago.

Congratulations to all those involved in the ongoing work to erode the market share of Internet Explorer.

(His avatar looks 90% like him! Honestly!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:53 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Are these figures counting 1st downloads from an IP, or re-downloads? I always feel that these counters are simply for bragging rights, they're always flawed, and do not reflect the true subject (i.e number of downloads)

It's the same with polls on forums. It's easy for someone to sign up with several usernames under different IP's and cast the same vote to manipulate it.

I take these things for what they are. Novelty. Like Government "statistics".

I agree with you on the IE subject. What a heap of rubbish! Most of IE's features now are based on what FF did ages ago. Addons, Tabs, that sort of thing. Microsoft are like AMD in comparison to Intel: Light years behind. And they've been going longer. But what do you expect from a company that only releases 6 monthly patch rollouts?

Having said that, Firefox's OS (Open Source) development community is larger than MS's internal teams, by thousands. They're more committed, for a start. Microsoft will never beat that in the browser market, not in my lifetime at least. No matter how big the company, it's your commitment to customers that drives you, like us at KC. We're bigger than our competitors by a massive margin in that respect.

James (Kitamura Computers Director)

james at kitamuracomputers dot com