Kitamura Computers (UK) Support

Welcome to the support forum for customers of Kitamura Computers UK!
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:52 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Advent 7036 Card reader
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:49 am 

Hi James, me again.

I've restored my 7036 to factory settings, I tried three times with my original restore disk however each time it failed at around 75%. I copied the disk and it restored fine, except it only installed XP, no drivers installed. I definately chose the option to install with drivers, and tried it 4 times!
I've found all the drivers I need, except I cannot get the card reader to work. I've trawled the internet and have found several people with the same problem however no solutions.
I'm also back to the 2003 Nvidia drivers, as the latest Omega drivers do not support mobile graphics. I'm not too worried about that as this laptop is now in semi-retirement, however it would be nice to have the card reader working.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:49 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

kirkoid wrote:
Hi James, me again.

I've restored my 7036 to factory settings, I tried three times with my original restore disk however each time it failed at around 75%. I copied the disk and it restored fine, except it only installed XP, no drivers installed. I definately chose the option to install with drivers, and tried it 4 times!
I've found all the drivers I need, except I cannot get the card reader to work. I've trawled the internet and have found several people with the same problem however no solutions.
I'm also back to the 2003 Nvidia drivers, as the latest Omega drivers do not support mobile graphics. I'm not too worried about that as this laptop is now in semi-retirement, however it would be nice to have the card reader working.

Hey Kirk,

I can help you. Relax. Take a nice deep breath. The driver supplied by Medion does not work. I had to use one from a driver DVD i have. I can get you an ISO of it. All you need to do is burn it to a DVD and tell Windows to search for a driver for the reader from the disk. I'll get on to it right away.

There's also a known issue with the audio driver, you can hear harmonic distortion from the circuitry of the laptop through the speakers. I used my 7036 & 7039 as a DJ machine, and the feedback got annoying, hooked up to a mixer and amp you can hear it loud and clear through big club speakers!

I did have a fixed driver I modified, but cannot remeber what I did with it. If I can find it, I'll put it up in our Downloads area for you.

James (Kitamura Computers Director)

james at kitamuracomputers dot com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:54 pm 

OK thanks for that. I have noticed the feedback when I hooked the laptop up to a mixer to record a theremin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:06 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Kirk,

The drivers DVD has been uploaded for you. Here's the steps you should take:

1. I've compressed the ISO into a 7z archive to save space, and bandwidth. Download the 7Zip archive by clicking HERE.

2. Download 7Zip, and MagicDisc (I haven't got them on the server, but Google will help), and install them.

3. Extract the ISO image, and mount it as a virtual disc using MagicDisc.

4. Update your drivers using Device Manager. Right click your devices, and select Update Driver, telling it to search the virtual image. You cannot install the drivers manually, the DVD is organised in a non human readable form.

Your card reader should install, I've tested my method and disc on my 7036 & 7039 machines, it worked for both. You might want to try updating other drivers, but be careful about the graphics, any other driver other than the manufacturer one may cause issues, and stop the graphics resolution hotkey to stop working.[url][/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:53 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I've uploaded your stock 7036 drivers too, and they're HERE. I need a set of recovery discs...if anyone has any they could copy to an ISO, you can upload them to our downloads directory, the script is working, and we now allow uploads.

http://www.kitamuracomputers.com/downloads

Last edited by James on Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:05 am 

Hi James, worked a treat thanks. You want me to copy my 7036 recovery disc and upload it?

Post subject: Re: Thanks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:08 am 
Administrator
Administrator

kirkoid wrote:
Hi James, worked a treat thanks. You want me to copy my 7036 recovery disc and upload it?

If you could, that would be great. I'll have to give you FTP access, the upload script in the download area is limited by PHP's upload limit, which isn't enough, and I can't change it.

Give me until later tonight, and I'll send you the details in a private message.